Thursday, January 29, 2009

"Brooklyn, what are you going to do when you grow up?"...

"I am going to kick my daddy in the balls."

Geez...

Then tonight I was telling Brooklyn a bedtime story, but all of the classics escaped me: Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, The Pit and the Pendulum. So I resorted to telling her a magical tale about Super Mario Brothers & Princess Toadstool. As I described the "mean, ugly, self-loathing King Bowser" who had imprisoned the Princess, Brooklyn stopped me.

"Is it you, Daddy? Are you da Bowser?"

What a little hoser. From now on bedtime stories will be confined to readings from the Wall Street Journal.

4 comments:

Momila said...

Have you checked into a little charm school for Brookers there in Yuma? I'm sure there will be one in NJ, but she needs an intervention NOW. For the record, I don't think any of you kids ever wanted to kick your dad in his nether regions. Kellie wanted his plane to crash, but that's just because he took her soap..a valid reason in a 3 yo mind.

Hahaha, you kinda look like Bowser. (This from the woman who couldn't pass the first board of the first Mario game ever made, so I don't really know of which I speak)

brohammas said...

SO.... what was your answer to her question? Did you fess up?

Kellie/Joe said...

You know...now that I think about it, I think that Dad told me the Pit and the Pendulum once as a bedtime story. I was like 6.

Schmoopasaurus Rex said...

You know, there are some pretty good theories floating around about how King Bowser was really the good guy, so don't feel too bad.

I mean, think about it, the vast majority of the citizens of the Mushroom Kingdom are Bowser supporters. Mario is trying to thwart democracy and establish an Apartheid regime!