Tuesday, May 06, 2008

20,000 leagues in a Chrysler Town & Country...

...well, so long as those leagues translate into roughly 3,400 miles. We 3 B's drove to Utah a week ago, then with Nonny & Poppa continued on to Portland Oregon for some R&R. The trip was fun and devoid of drama.


Two weeks earlier I flew to CT for work and Brittiny + Brookers spent the weekend there with me. It was fun to drive up to New Haven on the weekend to see so many friends from New Hay Hay and the Woodbridge Ward. Good times.


Now the pics...

Here Brooklyn tends to our scant Yuma garden. She prefers a spray bottle over the more traditional watering can.

We died Easter eggs this year.



Here Brooklyn finds an Easter egg on the back porch. With each egg she found she was equal parts of elation and surprise. Maybe I'm just cynical, but at some point I expected the novelty of finding plastic eggs around the house and backyard to fade. Nope.


Here are Mom and Brookers being all chic in NYC. If you can't tell from the pictures, Brittiny is about a month away from giving birth. Brooklyn insisted on keeping her new shades on all day long, even when the sun wasn't shining or we were in the car.
Brooklyn asked us every 10 minutes, "Do you like my new sunglasses? Are they beautiful?"


In NYC there is a huge Toys R Us. The place is pretty cool, with a large ferris wheel in the middle of the 6 stories of toys. The store gets old when you realize that it's just a big toy store, same as in your local mall, and your wife and daughter are both asking you for your wallet.

This is Brooklyn's reaction to the Toys R Us ferris wheel. Man, were the rest of us bored on this thing! Whoever invented the ferris wheel, I'm guessing Ferris Buehler, had quite the racket going. It's like riding an escalator, except you get off in the same place you got on - a zero sum endeavor. What crap. At least with State Fair ferris wheel's there's the excitement of wondering, "Hey, I might get injured on this thing."

Here Brooklyn swings in Central Park. She loved the newly renovated kids part in the SW corner. It was pretty cool.

Even with all the excitement the City has to offer, 2 year-olds bore easily (yawn)!


Nonny and Poppa in front of the Columbia River Gorge, just outside of Portland, OR. This view was fantastic.

Here's Brittiny and me in front of the same backdrop.

Upper Multinomah Falls, pretty darn cool. Definitely worth checking out if your in Portland.

Here we are cheesing for the camera. In front of lower Multinomah falls.

10 comments:

Amberlynn said...

HEY!? You were in my neighborhood! I live about 10 min from Mult. Falls. Would have loved the chance to pop in and say hi to you and your folks. Looks like your Dad is doing well.

I'm a month out from baby no. 2 as well. Hope all goes well for you!

Momila said...

Boo....your..nor you're?? Oh man, you are gonna get it from the grammar Nazis! J/K..thanks for a fun trip. I did not know we were in a T&C Chrysler...I thought it was a Dodge Caravan. Wow, I'm on top of things!
Brookers is in fact a very good little car traveler. She has been more places than most grown ups I know! Thanks for the memories and for not bagging on me for snoring so much. Love you guys.

Emily said...

so we didn't make any mention in the blog huh? I'm hurt. The whale watching trip didn't make the cut either? I guess we can still be friends.
We had a great time with you guys as MENTIONED on our blog

B^4 said...

Harsh, Emmy O, I know. When I downloaded all of the pics from my camera there were none of u guys.

Make a deal with you: send me a few jpeg's from our movie night at the Elementary school and I'll do my next blog entry, aight?

Emily said...

okay, deal. What is your e-mail address?

Momila said...

Forgot to comment on the Easter Egg with the "Spring Break--I got Laid"..we Eppersons are a spiritual bunch, eh? All I know is every Easter, somewhere, someone is dyeing an egg with that on it. Ha ha ha it never ceases to make me laugh.

Kerryne said...

Hey Brandon! I saw your link on Liz Romrells page and hope you don't mind but I thought I'd stop by and say hi! Long time since I have seen you but your family is adorable! I hope all is well! Kerryne (Christensen) Brown

Liz Morrey Romrell said...

Hey Button!

Looks like your family is healthy and happy. Congrats on the new bun-in-the -oven! It's good to see you.

Kerryne said...

Hee hee hee... I have tried to forget about those calls... but thanks for reminding me! Too funny! I haven't done that in a few years now (shhh don't tell). Yep, we are in Cyprus, only my husband isn't in the military anymore. He works for L3 Communications and he is contracted out here. Been here about 4 years (he got out of the ARMY in 2003). Life is good!

That is cool that your wife is in the NAVY. I don't think I even know where Yuma AZ is. Looks like your doing good, your little one is soooo cute, and your wife is gorgeous! Congrats on the bun in the oven! So great to catch up with you!

Kerryne

IAmTheWalrus said...

The cheesey grin is the best pic. It is soooo Brooklyn! I am not sure where I've been lately, but not around here much. Sorry about that! Thanks for the great time in Portland. Brookers really is a terrific traveller. The "falls" were certainly a highlight, but mostly just spending some time with you all was great!