Sunday, October 16, 2005

Weekly Parenting E-mails...

So courtesy of the Yale New Haven Hospital we receive these monthly updates on what we're doing wrong as parents. Here's the most recent edition's Q & A:

Q: “Our baby cries a lot, unless she is being held. She is 10 weeks old. Why does she cry so often, and what can my Husband and I do?”

A: While it can seem as if your baby is crying for no apparent reason, determining the cause of your baby’s distress can help you figure out how to soothe her. At 10 weeks your baby's eyesight has probably sharpened just enough that she can recognize both you and your husband: this is the apparent root of her constant crying. Your baby is crying incessantly because she has probably never seen something so objectionable as the two of you. She may also have figured out that you're her parents. This no doubt added to her infantile despair. Do your kid a favor: find her a good therapist now.

Q: "Our baby has very smelly poopies. Is this a cause for concern?"

A: Are you being freaking serious? Your child just bombed in her pants and you're asking me if it's okay that it doesn't smell good? What the fetch did you expect it to smell like? How 'bout you do an experiment: blast a dukie in some adult diapers, then take a big ol' wiff... surprised that it doesn't smell like White Diamonds?... Okay, well maybe it does smell like White Diamonds, but the point is that baby diapers smell awful.

Okay, that's about all... first Pic is of Brooklyn and me. This is how we spend the first few hours of every Saturday - these are my favorite times.. Eventually she wakes up, realizes that I don't lactate and then cries for Mommy.

This next Pic is Brittiny and Brooklyn using the Baby Bjorn (Brooklyn is the one in the Bjorn). This thing is awesome. Brittiny can haul our cute bug around anywhere from the park to Park Avenue as Brooklyn loves the ride.

Brooklyn's reaction to one of my lame jokes. I think the look on her face aptly expresses her embarrassment:

More pics to come...

7 comments:

The Olson Family said...

Yikes, in that last pic Brooklyn looks so much like you, Brandon! :)

Kellie and/or Joseph said...

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm a complete tool! Please somebody read about my high colonic vacuum apparatus!

I really hate these. You need to use word verification so you don't get the crawlers.

I'm freaked out that you two are parents. You're only slightly more ill-equipped that I am for the job.

IAmTheWalrus said...

Something about holding a sleeping baby that just puts outs the lights!

Team Oakeson said...

For Aaron, there's something about just LOOKING at a baby/child that puts him right to sleep! I'm doomed!
-Ames

momila said...

well, for some reason tho for some reason I am able to access B&B&b's blog I cannot log onto my own aol acct, which is MIGHTY frustrating.
FYI, for y'alls...Brooklyn is adorable and quite amazing...she has just discovered her hands (yep, they were there all the time) and right now she is batting at some toys I have strung across her carrier. She does look like Brandon at times but she looks like an Albright too...mostly what with the fact she has Grandma Sheree's nose!
Things are well here in West Haven, today I took a long walk with my new friend, Tauna, who has a two month old boy named Henry. We saw a lot of those enormous East Coast squirrels and a couple of deer in the Maltby Lakes park. It was good to get out! Brittiny is finding her rotattion to be pretty easy and I haven't seen Brandon since Sunday (work & school) All is well and I miss you all.

Team Oakeson said...

Hey momila! Aaron just had an incredibly astute thought .... maybe the reason you can't get into your aol account is that you are no longer subscribing to AOL (y'know, payin' for it!) now that Dad hooked you up with high speed comcast. I'll bet if you set up (or Dad sets up) a comcast email address that'll work just fine since you're payin' those guys now. :) Or maybe set up a free hotmail or something 'cuz we all miss you and want to chat!!!

Much love from the PPCs!

The Olson Family said...

More pictures, please! :)