Saturday, October 01, 2005

Is there life after a Baby?...

Short answer: "Yes, but it now revolves around the baby." But she's so cute and cuddly that I can't even remember what I used to do before we had her. Oh, that's right... those cobweb covered, rusty Mizunos in the corner of our bedroom.. well, at least I wasn't that good to begin with.

This past week the Albright clan was visiting us in our wee shanty. We had a great time with Mark, Sheree, Tiffiny, Gerrett, Jason, Jake, Brooke, Kayle and Jaxen. We didn't have enough couch/air mattress space, so the adults all had to sleep standing up - (thankfully for those involved, being raised in the LDS church sort of pre-conditions you for such odd somnolence). We think everyone had a good time and enjoyed getting to know the East coast.

On Wednesday morning it was so sad for us to have an empty house again (sniff, sniff). It was especially sad to not see the smiling faces of Jaxen, Gerrett and Jake as I entered the kitchen door after work that night. Thanks for the good times, nephews! I'll pour a Mtn Dew out on the curb for y'all...

And now the pics:


Mystic Seaport/Aquarium with Brooklyn (in the Bjorn) and Jake Albright waving to the camera.

Grandma Sheree fussing Brooklyn in her beautiful blessing dress. Seriously, this thing had more lace than a gay tea party.... which would have a lot of lace around because of the excessive doilies:

Grandpa Mark holding Brooklyn and no doubt telling her a joke she's probably too young to be listening to ;o)

Brooklyn, Brittiny and me a couple of minutes before the blessing. Brooklyn was wonderful the whole time @ church, and especially during the blessing. I got more than a little choked up holding this little angel in my arms to tell her all that was in my heart at that moment. There just aren't enough occasions this memorable or this sweet in our short mortal sojourn...

Aunt Brooke holding li'l Brooklyn @ Mystic Pizza in Mystic, CT. This place was made famous by the movie filmed there with Julie Roberts. I think it was Erin Brockovich, or Goodfellas... I really can't remember:

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

It's hard to read sarcasm in a blog, but just in case you weren't being sarcastic, the movie is called "Mystic Pizza" and it's Julia Roberts' first movie. Brooklyn is way cute! Congrats, you two!

momila said...

Wow, you weren't kidding..that dress was unbelieveable...I have to admit I am sitting here shedding more than a few tears at the thought that we could not be there for this special day.

Love all three of you
Momila

Team Oakeson said...

That is some dress! It truly puts Kellie's "shang-shang" days to shame. She is beautiful!

Love you guys!!!!
The PPCs

brohammas said...

I am once again forced to cover for my little sister who has always had trouble recognizing sarcasm and knowing when not to punch your hardest.
The move was Ocean's Eleven.

brohammas said...

uh... I meant movie.

Kellie and/or Joseph said...

Nobody puts my shang shang days to shame. Not even lil Go-Go here.

She does look pretty poofy, though.

momila said...

oh, and I meant also to say that, no, there is no "life" so to speak after you have a baby. even when your youngest "baby" is 19. sorry for being honest but it's true...but as in all things that are difficult, it's worth it!!