Thursday, August 18, 2005

The Final Days

So here I am, just about 2 weeks "overdue". Doctors should not tell pregnant women that they are "due". We live in a fast-food, instant coffee, 1-hr photo world where we can anticipate everything that happens in life. When it comes to pregnancy it's just not anything you can schedule, and thus, the due date means nothing. A "due timeframe" would make more sense. I get phone calls all day long, peeps wondering why I never called them with the big news. News flash for all of you: no baby = no phone call, so enough already! Baby Brooklyn will just come when she comes.

On Monday my mom and I went to my appt with the OB/Gyn. She did an ultrasound and we got a really good look @ Brooklyn. Brandon says that looking at an ultrasound is just like checking on brownies by peering through the glass front of an oven, you can't really tell if they're done. If only we could stick a toothpick in her. Brooklyn's face was all smashed up against my uterus. If I were her, there's no way I would keep on keeping on in there - I'd come right out. The most unsettling news of the ultrasound is that our baby will unfortunately have ugly feet. Our biggest concern since we conceived was that Brooklyn have cute feet. It now appears that she has my high arch and Brandon's nappy Hobbit toes. This is a bad, bad combination, but we'll just be sure to keep her in socks in mixed company.

Not a whole lot else going on in our household. I've finished decorating Brooklyn's room with the help of my mom who's been out here for the past few weeks. We bought a lot of stuff that has really made our second bedroom cute and cozy for the baby. Brandon points out to me as I spend money that she won't notice any of this stuff, but I pretend I can't hear him.

That's all folks! With the next post hopefully we'll have our baby!

(To the right you can see Brandon testing out our Baby Bjorn)

1 comment:

momila said...

You know how food has that "best if sold by" date stamped on it? Pregnancy should come with such a label, prominently displayed on the mom's head or something--"best if delivered by...." and the date should be at least two weeks after the "due" date...just like milk or cereal, etc. Nobody questions those magical "sell by" dates....FYI Twinkies NEVER go bad, ever.

Actually we are so happy Brooklyn is finally here...I know you said she had hair but I sure hope that isn't her in the Baby Bjorn Brandon is holding.....looking forward to seeing some pics of her on this site!!!!!